My "Wizard of Oz" inspired presentation will follow the ups and downs of implementing a 1:1 Chromebook and 1:10 iPad plan in an at-risk building in our district.
Some of the talking points will include:
- Without a plan, you plan to fail or at least flounder.
- Infrastructure must come first. How you can build a house without a foundation?
- Professional Development is crucial.
- How to make amazing things happen, even when everything goes horribly wrong.
- How should technology tools be used to demonstrate a deeper understanding of curriculum standards?
- Moving beyond practice apps and games to a demonstration of learning.
- How should instruction change?
- Celebrate good times and small successes!